Because the ARG is nearly maintenance free, there is no need to make convenience a priority. Following are recommendations to help you locate the ideal place to install your ARG.
- Take into consideration the ships center of gravity and balance.
- Ventilation is required if locating in a confined space.
- Locate the ARG in a soundproof area like an engine room.
- Make sure the area selected is strong enough to transfer the generated torque to the vessel. The primary structural beams are a good choice
- The ARG does not have to be mounted on the centerline to be effective. For example, an ARG will be equally effective sitting across from a generator.