Since ARG is virtually maintenance free, there is no need to make convenience a priority. Recommendations are listed below to help you locate the ideal space to install your ARG.
- Take into consideration the boat’s center of gravity and balance.
- Ensure ventilation if installed in a confined space.
- Install ARG in a soundproof space, e.g. engine room.
- Ensure that the selected place is steady enough to transfer the generated torque to the hull. The primary structural beams are a good choice.
- ARG does not need to be mounted on the centerline to function effectively. For example, an ARG unit will work equally effectively if located across a generator.